Search This Blog

Monday 5 November 2012

And So It Begins

I suppose my blog requires that initial "About Me" post, so here goes.
Just a few weeks ago I had my 29th birthday. I am very happily married to my husband of six years (henceforth known as "That Guy")  and together we have two beautiful children.  Our son, Walter, has just turned four and our daughter, Audrey, is 14 months old.
When Walter was ten months old we bought our first -and current- home and I decided to open my own home day care.
My day care is open ten and a half hours a day. My daily rate is $30/child.  Yes, you did the math correctly. I make just less than $3/hour/child.  Out of that profit (does that even qualify for the word "profit"?) comes the cost of feeding, entertaining and educating these children.  
My job, although being one of my proudest and most rewarding accomplishments, makes living on a dime an utter necessity.
That Guy is gain fully employed as a very talented pastry chef. (And by "gain fully" I mostly mean my waistline) It is fair to say that two incomes are required to keep this family afloat.

Enter me, three years ago with a brand new interest in and purpose for frugal living.  So even though parenting and day care are both full time jobs I view my commitment to our frugal lifestyle as another.

Through this novice blog I aim to share with you the journey of my lifestyle and the trials and errors (so many errors) along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment